Data Collection and Use
If you complete a form on this site or linked to in any electronic communication from us or in our written campaign material, or make a donation, we may ask you for personal information. That includes your contact details, geographic information (such as your postcode and constituency), and other details about you and your views. This data may be used to help us provide you with information to match your interests. We may also use it to alert you of activities you may be interested in and events happening in your area now and in the future. Extra rules apply if you make a donation.
When you give us your data you agree to the following:
- I understand that Citizens’ Climate Lobby (CCL) UK has collected and stored the personal data I provided when I first joined CCL/CCE US website (then passed onto CCL UK), or directly with CCL UK or subsequently completed an act that updated my personal data.
- I understand the primary purpose of the collection and storage of my personal data is such that CCL UK can communicate with me regarding my participation in the organisation and its activities.
- I understand that CCL UK shares personally identifying information and data about site usage with staff and volunteers in leadership positions so that they can support their connection and engagement with its supporters and volunteers. For instance, CCL UK may let staff or volunteers know when someone in their area has completed an educational program, or when a new contact seems eager to engage and deserves a more personal connection.
- I understand that in order to manage member participation, CCL UK shares personal data with third-party service providers specifically to achieve the aims of CCL UK, and that the nature of the services provided by these third-party contractors include marketing, customer relationship and donation management, data storage, website analytics, and communication/customer contact services.
- I understand that CCL UK will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to any third party.
- I understand that CCL UK works closely with CCL US and shares their online systems. The European Commission does not consider United States laws to provide an adequate level of data protection. I understand that my consent is the lawful basis for transfer of my personal data to the United States and that I can withdraw my consent at any time, which I can do directly with the US if I joined through the US site, or through CCL UK if I joined in the UK only. I also understand that the transfer of my personal data to the United States in the absence of adequate protection and without safeguards deemed appropriate by the European Commission may pose certain risks, including that United States law may not provide for data processing principles, data subject rights, or enforcement of those rights analogous to those in the European Union.
How we protect your information
This site is operated by Citizens’ Climate Lobby UK.
In order to process your data as outlined above, we may need to send your personal information to servers in countries or jurisdictions outside the EEA. That processing complies with the EU Privacy Shield Scheme (formerly known as “Safe Harbour”), which is recognised by the European Commission as providing adequate protection for the rights of individuals in connection with the transfer of their personal data to signatories of the scheme in the USA
Links to external sites
Our site and correspondence we send may contain links to other sites and servers. Citizens’ Climate Lobby UK are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such websites.
Opting out and access
We provide you the opportunity to opt-out of receiving communications from us easily and promptly. Our unsubscribe requests are processed regularly. You may remove or change your details held on this site by logging in, or you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org